This is the blog kept by Steve Luongo while making John Entwistle’s 1996 album The Rock and there are a few posts written by John and I really like them so I put them here okay thank
John’s journal week 1
Hi. Surprise surprise, this is John! Steve has finally left his computer alone for ten minutes so I’ve sneaked in and taken it over. I haven’t been able to get a journal in edgewise with Steve in a week.
First - Now I have Ken Jones, his wife Marie, his 2 kids, Steve, Alan and Godfrey living in my house. I’ve finally realized something, the reason I bought this bloody great house is that it has 13 toilets! I feel like I’m on my paper round again delivering toilet rolls to all my customers.
As Steve has been reporting so far the recording has been going really well. Apart from a little trouble with my bass sound ( normal day ) everything has gone remarkably smoothly. I’m really glad I built a bar next to my studio instead of a chapel! We always seem to finish the day propping up the bar with our bellies telling each other how “great we were today.” I’ve lost count of the number of studio engineers that I’ve asked the morning after “who was that fuckin’ drunk singing vocals on my song?”
We have 3 great backing track so far and now we are taking a lyrics break. Pridden tells me that I have to present him with 2 sets of lyrics in the morning. I asked him ” Does it matter which morning?” It’s all right for him he has just gone back to his cottage to watch a couple of black & white videos. Bobby has always had this strange preference for old B&W films. I think the last movie in color he watched was The Wizard Of Oz and then he only watched the beginning and the end. So I’m here slaving on song words and he’s at home watching The Great Stagecoach Robbery for the 20th time. Still he works hard———at standing up.
Before I go I’d like to thank everyone that has been following this journal. Steve will be back at the computer tomorrow after I let him out of the dog kennel. There have already been a lot of complaining noises——-from the dogs.
Lets do lunch,
I plan on locking Steve up again soon so you’ll hear from me and I’ll hear from the dogs.
John’s journal week 2
Well, here I am again. Steve is locked up in the dog kennel and I’m back writing the last journal. The days have flown by like weeks and we have 3 (almost) finished songs under our belt. Unfortunately that’s not all we have under our belts and the DIETS start tomorrow.
Godfrey and Alan are downstairs in the lounge watching Goodfellas on the video. I guess they’re trying to get acclimated to NY before they go home tomorrow.
The dogs will be sad to see them go- 3 less plates for the to steal food from. I’ve been doing some calculations and it seems in 13 days we have used up 120 toilet rolls. That seems an awful lot, 3 each per day! Maybe I should have put some towels in their rooms too!
They’ll be off back to NY in the morning. I guess I’ll say goodbye tonight, I’m not very good at mornings. It’s not that I’m lazy it’s just that I’m allergic to them. Bobby always called me the Prince of Darkness affectionately of course. At one point while he was recording The Cast at my studio here he had them convinced that I was a vampire. They had asked him why they never was me until it was dark! So-I guess that’s it. I’ve enjoyed reading Steve’s and writing these journals. I wish it was as easy to write my damn book. I guess I’ll see some of you soon on the Quadraderilict tour.
Thanks for your feedback and letters, I’ll try to write again from the road. Until then, I remain.
- when-we-was-fab likes this
- peaceblank reblogged this from dippity-do-not-touch-me
- whistle-rymes reblogged this from dippity-do-not-touch-me
- lovehopeandconfusion reblogged this from whoarethemodwolves
- plumeplume likes this
- keishitheoptimist likes this
- crime-of-the-century likes this
- whoarethemodwolves reblogged this from puttin-onthe-witz
- whoarethemodwolves likes this
- puttin-onthe-witz reblogged this from 20th-century-foxy
- 20th-century-foxy reblogged this from angsty-crumpet-pete
- 20th-century-foxy likes this
- ledstarship likes this
- whistle-rymes likes this
- siam-cat likes this
- purplestrokes likes this
- buckettandfailure likes this
- wafflepuncher likes this
- angsty-crumpet-pete reblogged this from rogerthesuperhorse
- rogerthesuperhorse likes this
- rogerthesuperhorse reblogged this from dippity-do-not-touch-me
- esilioinnocenzo likes this
- wewindondowntheroad reblogged this from dippity-do-not-touch-me
- gay-pete-townshend reblogged this from karensheilaastley
- obsidenblackbirdmcknight likes this
- boristhereindeer likes this
- bantigernae likes this
- karensheilaastley reblogged this from dippity-do-not-touch-me
- slip-kid-wholigan likes this
- rogerswagtrey likes this
- dippity-do-not-touch-me posted this